Today, I finally made the ½ mile trip to Ritz Camera to pick up my black-and-white film and photos of my summer exploits that has been loitering in their storage for the past month. Usually, when looking at photos that I had developed by Ritz Camera, I am greeted with the lingering scent of dark room chemicals that makes me oh so happy. Not today! I was greeted with pixilated photos that only digital processing can make. So I have to ask “Et tu, Ritz Camera!” You have also gone the way for the less time consuming, cheaper, and lower quality digital processing of black-and-white photos!!! I waited an extra week for my photos to be processed, paid extra money. Things I felt were small sacrifices in return for beautifully developed resin coated black and white images! Now, I am expected to make the same sacrifices but in return I receive lower quality photos! Never!!!
P.S Does anybody know of photography processing places that does not develop black and white photos digitally? I am running out of options :(.

1 comment:
Oh, so sad. I hope you gave them a stern talking-to.
Post a Comment